sv_pure .dems! help plz^

Talented

2008-02-24 14:53:21

Hey, I'm currently gathering footage for a nu fancy killvid.

I use custom weapon skins which I love, but around half the servers I record my footage on have sv_pure 2 enabled.

I would LIKE to have my custom weap skins throughout my entire vid, but DONT want to have to only stick to .dems from non-sv_pure servs as all our clan matches are sv_pure etc.

Just wondering if there is a way to take off sv_pure when I watch a .dem back that was recorded with sv_pure on so I can have consistency with my weapons. Any ideas? is it even possible?!

Scar

2008-02-24 19:34:56

no way possible. cant work around sv_pure 2.

Walking Target

2008-02-24 20:20:11

LSD video shows you can still make a great looking movie with sv_pure 2 footage.

0nti

2008-02-24 22:01:03

LSD video shows you can still make a great looking movie with sv_pure 2 footage.
Thanks WT ^^. And yeah, even though custom models and textures look nice... you can have good quality image if you record with every settting at high, plus vsync, antialiasing, etc etc.
As holy and scar already said, so far there is no way to remove the sv_pure 2 lock from the demos, which is a shame...
You can do the following things.
1) Record everything without custom stuff, like on LsD vid.
2) Record some stuff with custom models and some stuff with default ones.
3) Record only from sv_pure 0.
Sorry we can't help much =(.

Talented

2008-02-25 14:28:30

np guys, really appreciate the help though. Atleast I wont waste a load of time messing around trying to get round it now, cuz I know if you vid pro's cant do it then it can't be done!

I'll prolly just throw in a bit of both, maybe do my vid in two halves or sumthing.

neway, cheerz.

Walking Target

2008-02-25 19:59:53

Cool man, let us know how it is coming along.